Monday, September 15, 2008

So, didn't God listen? "If MY people..."

So, we rebuked the storm and spoke to the storm, (see below) and prayed it would go away, and still, we were hit with the storm. It could have been a lot worse. But we were hit.

Are we in a terrible weather cycle? Or part of the birth pangs of (click here:) Luke 21 with the sea roaring?

Or is God judging this country?

Because, not just those in the path of the storm, but the whole country suffers economically and many, emotionally, when we see this misery and destruction.

What is the answer? I'm not sure, but I'm surely paying attention to this:

"If *my people,* which are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked, ways, then will I hear from heaven and forgive their sin and heal their land." 2 Chronicles 7:14.

One other possibility:

Joel 3
The Nations Judged 1 "In those days and at that time,
when I restore the fortunes of Judah and Jerusalem,
2 I will gather all nations
and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. [a]
There I will enter into judgment against them
concerning my inheritance, my people Israel,
for they scattered my people among the nations
and divided up my land.


May God forgive us.

No comments: