Thursday, June 05, 2008

Praying for Kristy's--and Kennedy's--brain tumors

I am still praying for complete healing for Kristy Dykes--and now, Ted Kennedy--in this world, in this life, and that God would receive all the glory.

Unless and until the Holy Spirit tells me to do otherwise, I will look at the Word and not at the situation:

"With His stripes, we are/were healed," Isaiah 53:5, and Peter something.

I know that seems to hold out false hope to those that love her. Sometimes, I tell a family I stand in agreement with whatever they pray. I'm not sure what the Lord thinks about that, to tell you the truth.

I also adore this one:

Habakkuk 3:2
"LORD, I have heard of your fame; I stand in awe of your deeds, O LORD. Renew them in our day, in our time make them known; in wrath remember mercy."


And not just for the sake of just an experience, but so we may know Him better!!!

Why don't we see more healings? Especially those that really believe for them? I don't know. I have really believed for some in this life and seen their "graduation" instead.

I think it's the times we live in. Jesus in Matthew 13:58 did not many mighty works there because of their unbelief.

I just think we live in the powerless Laodicean Church age of Revelation 3, just before the Rapture in chapter four, when John hears a voice that says, Come up here.

Yes, those church ages can represent different aspects of the church in any age. But we cannot rule out literal ages through history.

And a lot of us believe we are seeing political alliances and all kinds of signs of the times leading to Ezekiel 37 and 38.... And that's another subject, I realize.

But it does apply to this subject of why aren't we seeing more healings, because if we are in the Laodicean church age, then much of church is "poor, wretched, miserable, blind and naked."

And if it's true, I am blind to some things, too. Don't know what, though, if I'm blind to them! Catch-22! Lord, please give me more revelation knowledge.

So, I acknowledge that I am no expert, no judge, just a fellow struggler. Straggler? Both, maybe.


Here's just a thought: In the Great Commission, Jesus told the apostles to "teach everyone all things whatsoever I have taught you." "until the end of the age." And in Matthew 10, He taught them, "Heal the sick, raise the dead, cast out devils...."

Are we seeing that in most of the church? Would those things be welcome? I think not.

I just know that it is the time that Jesus says what we usually use as a salvation verse: Revelation 3:20--"Look, I'm standing here, knocking at the door! If you'll just open the door, I'd love to come in and hang out with you." My paraphrase.

Jesus is not present in much of the Laodicean church! JESUS is not WELCOME in much of the Laodicean church!



I'd quote the Great Commission in Mark, but that would really scare the horses.

In I Corinthians 1:7 we're told not to lack any of the gifts while waiting for Jesus to return.

So, maybe if we all agree in prayer, the Holy Spirit will give a gift of healing for Kristy. ( I believe there's a difference between a gift and a ministry. I'm asking for a gift, a healing for Kristy. And for Ted Kennedy. )

Yes, please, Lord, in the mighty name of the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, our Savior, our Healer, our Friend, our Jesus!

No comments: