Tuesday, March 04, 2008

"It was the worst of times, it was the best of times--" The 'Sixties

I just listened to the most fascinating analysis of our times!

Very interesting observations and for me, a certain amount of nostalgia, too-- the rippling effects of the '60s. How the philosophies and events changed our world and affected the children of the '70s, '80s, and today, even our own children, today.

I loved and hated the '60s. Some of it was so much fun, some of it was awful. And I hated the direction I could see us going in. Tommy lists the good changes and the bad. As in _A Tale of Two Cities_, he says, "It was the worst of times, it was the best of times."

A friend sent the link. She loves the speaker, Denton Bible's Pastor Tommy Nelson, who used to play football at U of N. Texas.

To hear it, click here, go to your choice of type of links to the sermons, and click on #7 Blueprint for Revolution to #3, the Results of the '60s.

Tell me what you think.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Margo,

I'm a member of Denton Bible Church (DBC). Pastor Tommy Nelson typically presents an expositional sermon. His series on the '60s laid bare the tumult and resultant societal schism that so many of us experienced, but little understood, at the time. I was three when Kennedy was shot.

The decade loomed violent and chaotic. An earthquake occurred, leaving the two sides of our nation gaping across the chasm. Each wondered who moved.

Two other women writes from DBC and I are just starting a blog at WritersInTheStorm.com Please join us when you can. God bless you.

Helen Hanson

www.HelenHanson.com
www.WritersInTheStorm.com

Margo Carmichael said...

Thanks for the note, Helen. I checked it out. It looks great! I saw Jayme at ACFW. Tell her hello for me.

God bless~