Sunday, July 16, 2006

Did the Prophet Ezekiel write the morning news?

My friends don't have to agree with me, of course.

But I'm of the school of thought that with the political and military alliances in the news today, Ezekiel 38 is unfolding before our eyes.


Eze 38:1
And the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
Eze 38:2
Son of man, set thy face against Gog, the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal, and prophesy against him,
Eze 38:3
And say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I [am] against thee, O Gog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal:
Eze 38:4
And I will turn thee back, and put hooks into thy jaws, and I will bring thee forth, and all thine army, horses and horsemen, all of them clothed with all sorts [of armour, even] a great company [with] bucklers and shields, all of them handling swords:
Eze 38:5
Persia, Ethiopia, and Libya with them; all of them with shield and helmet:
Eze 38:6
Gomer, and all his bands; the house of Togarmah of the north quarters, and all his bands: [and] many people with thee.


Gog meaning Russia. Persia being Iran!

In other words, it looks like we are the generation for whom all the signs are falling into place.

And we will see the Second Coming of Jesus Christ.

I'm not setting a date. But a generation will see the signs and recognize them. Consider these:

Rev 3:3 Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.

Mat 16:3 And in the morning, [It will be] foul weather to day: for the sky is red and lowring. O [ye] hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky; but can ye not [discern] the signs of the times?

(He was angry at those who didn't know their prophecy enough to recognize Him as the promised Messiah. One writer said He fulfilled 33 prophecies in one day.)

(That tells me He wants us watching for the signs, though!)

Some are called to write light uplifting stories, others may be called to write heavier themes. One way or another, we are all called to present the Gospel. How we work it out and whether or not it's in our books is as the Lord leads.

Here's a powerful word from God to Ezekiel 33, something that may be applied to some of us in our writing, others, not:

Eze 33:1 Again the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,

Eze 33:2 Son of man, speak to the children of thy people, and say unto them, When I bring the sword upon a land, if the people of the land take a man of their coasts, and set him for their watchman:

Eze 33:3 If when he seeth the sword come upon the land, he blow the trumpet, and warn the people;

Eze 33:4 Then whosoever heareth the sound of the trumpet, and taketh not warning; if the sword come, and take him away, his blood shall be upon his own head.

Eze 33:5 He heard the sound of the trumpet, and took not warning; his blood shall be upon him. But he that taketh warning shall deliver his soul.

Eze 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the trumpet, and the people be not warned; if the sword come, and take [any] person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Eze 33:7 So thou, O son of man, I have set thee a watchman unto the house of Israel; therefore thou shalt hear the word at my mouth, and warn them from me.

The important thing, of course, is to do what God has called each of us to do in our writing.

Here is one of my favorite sources. See what you think.

http://raptureready.com/rr-pre-trib-rapture.html

I think we should type fast! : )

No comments: