Monday, January 09, 2006

Baby born in Paris taxi ! And Anointed Writing

"Winged Victory." Not me, this fabulous statue beside me in the Louvre in Paris.

I wanted to see her ever since I first saw her photo in art history in college. What a thrill, the victory of reaching this goal.

The heroine in my story spends Christmas in Paris with her doting mother-in-law. She's avoiding Christmas at home in New Orleans. Her husband is no longer there.

She delivers their baby in a taxi in Paris, with the help of a comically inept cabdriver. He is surprisingly helpful, having coached his own wife "doing a new method by a Dr. Lamaze."

I can't wait for you to be able to read this fun chapter! (Friendly hint to editors out there!) That will be another victory.

My favorite verse, outside of salvation ones, is Acts 10:38. Every time I see 10:38 on a clock, I smile, thinking about it. And there have been some significant times.

Like in a shop in Israel when buying little silver star of David charms on silver chains for my daughters to teach them to love Israel and the Jews because everything we Christians have, we owe to them--the Holy Land, the Bible, the Messiah, Jesus Christ.

I glanced at the clock. It was 10:38! Startled, I took it as clear confirmation of my plan.

I kept thinking about it, though, while standing in the long check-out line in that little shop, and after a while, I hesitated. They probably won't wear them. It's not their thing. Save your shekels! But if I do give the stars to them, someday, it may sink in.

I glanced at the clock again. Still 10:38! Amazing! Who knows when that clock had stopped?

It spoke to me: Stay with your original decision. It will sink in. (Whose shekels?)

I'm not talking about fortune-telling here, but God's smiles and reassurances and confirmations, just because He knows I love that verse so much and HE is so good.

Here's what Acts 10:38 says:
"How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit andpower, who went about doing good and healing *all* who were oppressed with the devil for God was with Him."

Even the Son of God needed the anointing of the Holy Spirit to do His work!


We have the same Power Source as the Son of God! Can you imagine??? Is that ever awesome!

But if we want that anointing, and victories in Him, we have to be obedient and keep our minds and hearts on Him. Easier said than done, but He loves to help us.

No wonder we are commanded, "Be (continually) filled with the Holy Spirit."

Yes, He will help our writing. Our anointed writing. And our anointed anything else He leads us to do.

In Him, we'll have victory.

No comments: