Thursday, March 26, 2009

Heaven-Thursday Translation

That Wordless Wednesday picture (please scroll down to Wednesday. ) was taken during a comedy choir presentation, "Heaven."

For costumes, we wore anything we wanted, to represent ourselves, plus wings and haloes. Some were pretty wild. I wore my kilted skirt, sash and tam from Clan Carmichael.

We sang wonderful songs about--heaven--and told jokes in between. Such as: This Scottish woman's husband announced he was taking alllll his money to heaven with him when he died, and he hid it. After he died, she found it in the attic. "That old coot." She shook her head, laughing. "He should have hidden it in the basement."

Randy Alcorn wrote a wonderful book about Heaven.





During Christian Book Expo, he told me that once we know what the Bible says, we can speculate on the rest. He suggests we may be able to chat with Christians from other times and places.

For those of us who would love to travel more, that should be fascinating. I'd love to talk to artists in Renaissance Italy. And in Paris, the Impressionists.

And I'd really love to talk to the first-century Christians. I wonder how far we've come in 2000 years from living in their obedience and Holy Spirit power.

"Teaching them to do all things whatsoever I have commanded you...." "

Heal the sick, raise the dead, cast out devils...
"

"Until the end of the age/cosmos/world." Wow. The power in the Great Commission. But that's a topic for another time.

My husband took that choir picture used in Wordless Wednesday. Nice camera angle just happened to place me under the cross. That's where I live my life--in the shadow of the cross. Not because I'm so good. But because of what Jesus did on the cross for me, I know I will go to Heaven forever.

Do you have this assurance? If not, please click on the red button in the right margin.





So, if I don't get to see you around here, maybe I'll see you in Heaven.





Leave a comment. Let me know what you decide. : )

Have a great Thursday--and a wonderful Forever.



(If you know who the artist is, please let me know.)

No comments: