Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Kristy emails about grief, 2006

Wow, going through old files in my discarded computer, I just came across this email from Kristy to the loop, posted on May (I forget already) 2006. I'm sure she wouldn't mind a bit if I posted it here, with her good thoughts.

Greetings from Kristy Dykes in sunny Florida!

Somebody asked what to do when you've faced a trauma and can't seem to write, or you're feeling directionless, etc. I was touched by the responses. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Wow, this loop is fantastic. Several things ministered to me, below. Thanks, ACFWers.

I saw Francine Rivers on TBN the other night and enjoyed hearing her story again. Great interview. She said she couldn't write for four years. Once she started writing again, she wrote REDEEMING LOVE! (Are you getting goose bumps like I am?)

1."God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them." Hebrews 6:10

2. So give yourself permission to grieve, and in grieving, pushing anything, making important decisions, is not wise.

3. All that said, remember that the battle you face isn't just an emotional or physical battle. It's rooted in the unseen. The enemy of your soul wants to prevent you from responding to the call of God. He certainly intends tosabotage or ambush any attempts to write for Him. It may be time tointentionally thwart the enemy's plans, to write to spite him (if that'seven theologically possible!), and to draw a hedge of prayer protection around yourself before even attempting to lay fingers to keyboard. Blank computer screen, be gone in the name of Jesus!

4. What Kristin B. said. She always says the right thing! On every subject.

5. Oh, and Laurie said to journal during this time.

Kristy Dykes, who's off to journal...


********

*Sigh,* that'll be some journal, now! Praise the Lord.

No comments: