Saturday, December 08, 2007

"He was born with CP... and came back healed...."

A Verified Miracle:

Years ago, in Orlando, I walked into my friend's church's weekly home group that I occasionally visited and heard wonderful piano music. Usually, we sang unaccompanied, but this night, our guest speaker graced us with soaring chords. The young man's parents had bought him an old upright so he could beat on it in his frustrations during his years of piano therapy for Cerebral Palsy.

When he was fourteen years old, his left side had quit growing, so his arm was drawn up close to his chest, his left leg was deformed, and he limped badly.

One Saturday night, he went to a home group much like this one, and some believers laid hands on him and prayed. And instantaneously, his arm grew out, his leg straightened, and even his teeth lengthened on that side.

The group was so thrilled, and when he went home, he ran up the stairs to rejoice with his parents.

His mother put the pillow over her head and his father said, "We'll see if it's still there in the morning." The healing.

After all those years, hope could be a cruelty joke.

Well, it was there in the morning. He did have the slightest halt to his step, but I took that as evidence of the original problem.

Just so I could tell others I verified this amazing story, I called his high school. He had graduated maybe three years before. I asked the secretary if she remembered him. Her voice perked up. "Oh, yes."

I must stress here: I did not put words in her mouth. "I heard something wonderful about him. Could you tell me what happened?"

She corroborated his story: "He was born with CP and had a bad limp. He went to a revival or something and people prayed for him and when he came back Monday morning, he was healed."

But it wasn't a revival. It was just a living room full of believers.

And he and his home group leader were allowed to give his Christian testimony to the whole school one morning in a weekly assembly program when the scheduled speaker had to cancel. As a result, a Bible club was formed in the school.

He spoke in my home on two occasions so all my friends could hear. I had invited the whole church, and only the pastor and a few others came. But those who did brought others, and my living room was packed out, twice. I had to step over people to get from the kitchen to the front door. Right in my living room, I made some great new friends I kept for years until I moved away.

And they got to hear how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power, who went about doing good and healing ALL who were oppressed of the devil, for God was with Him. Acts 10:38.

And we have that same Power Source as the Son of God did on earth!

The Spirit that raised Jesus from the dead, and dwells in believers, Romans 8:11 gave new life to this crippled young man in this life.

Now, I urge my friends to join in prayer that that same Holy Spirit heal my precious friend Kristy Dykes who has a stage four brain tumor.

The doctor says without a miracle, she will not live.

Jesus says, With His stripes, we are healed, Isaiah 53.

Kristy's husband, Milton, asks for believers from all over to pray that for Kristy this Monday at 3:30 CST when she has her first radiation.

While she's going through this, Milton has taken over writing her blog and reporting on her progress. He writes today:

Please share her website so caring believers can follow up in prayer.

Kristy has been diagnosed with a Glioblastoma Multiforme stage four tumor. According to all reports, except the Word of the Lord, this is terminal and without a miracle she will not live long even with radiation and chemotherapy.

We believe God works miracles. We are not kooky, foolish people. We just believe God's Word is for today, for our lives, and works to help meet our needs. Is anything too hard for the God of all creation?


No, indeed.

Kristy is so cute and talented and sweet, and needs a miracle just like my friend received in Orlando. God has done it before. He'll do it again.
Click on Kristy's website and read about her through the eyes of her adoring husband.

And please pray for both of them! Thank you!

PS: Later--when she did go in for the first radiation treatment, guess what, the machine had quit working. The tech said it had been working all morning. I pray that is because it isn't the machine that is going to make her well!

Here's a powerful song, Days of Elijah. It talks about the One who was and who is and who is to come. That, of course, would be our Lord and Savior and Healer, "Jesus Christ, the same, yesterday, today and forever."

4 comments:

Melanie Dickerson said...

This is an awesome miracle, Margo. Thanks for sharing this story. I think sometimes people are afraid to acknowledge God's power. It's too frightening because they can't control or predict how God will act. Or they are afraid of believing in miracles because they know God doesn't always heal when we ask him to, and they don't want to believe that God might disappoint them. But God still wants us to pray for each other's healing. He says we do not have, because we do not ask God (James 4:2). And when we ask, we must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind (James 1:6).

I will be asking for a miracle for Kristy. I've posted it to my blog. I've heard of many miracles, and I've participated in at least one dramatic divine healing, so I know God is still healing people. But no matter what happens, to any of us, God is good.

Tracy Ruckman said...

Tremendous story, Margo! Thanks for sharing it with us.

I'll be praying and fasting on Monday, and will remind others.

May God send Kristy a miracle, this side of Heaven.

Blessings, my friend.

Anonymous said...

Praying for a miracle for Kristy.

Margo Carmichael said...

Thanks, ladies! "Where two or three agree..."